Artist feature - Tim Walker

Tim Walker is one of my favourites... no...actually my favourite fashion photographer!

His amazing dreamlike pictures and ability to mix fashion in with story lines is amazing! Large scale, incredible clothes from some of the biggest names and just the most fantastic imagination ever. If I ever get to be half the photographer he is I would be so happy!

I recently went to his exhibition 'Storyteller' in somerset house in London and it did not disappoint!!
The overall curation was really thought out, with script running along the walls in a variety of ways explaining some of walkers thoughts. They had some of the props he uses and its amazing to see them in person and how he uses them to capture the images, I read once that where the picture is is the perfect set up but if you shot an inch either side you would see chaos! They used crates to present some of the images which I thought was really creative and had a largescale example of his sketchbook. It's a shame it's ended now because it really was an inspiring exhibit. Here's some pictures I found online of the exhibit.




Big Love - Lauz x

No comments