Lost & Found - My first festival 'abroad'

I love festivals. I love the atmosphere, the people, the music, the style - everything! I've been to several festivals now - Leeds, Parklife, Glasto to name a few... but I kept dreaming of festivals abroad, they have some amazing line ups! Next year I really want to try to do as many festivals as I can but this year I will settle for 3-5. When Annie Mac announced a brand new festival in Malta called 'Lost and Found' I was buzzing, I had always wanted to go to Malta so it kinda killed two birds with one stone! 
' Lost and Found' is a dance/house fesitval. Some of the acts I saw were: Shy FX, Kaytranada, Heidi, MK, Skream/Route 94, Eats everything, the lady herself - Annie Mac and various other people. We didn't get a hotel through the festival and instead got an apartment close by to save money ( turned out it was opposite one of the hotels in the packages offered so this was a pretty good idea!)
I had absolutely no idea how this was going to work espcially when I saw the shuttle bus operated from 8pm to 6am!! Basically they had pool parties and djs in the day with boat parties you could buy tickets for and then at a separate site all the Djs were on at night over 4 stages with a full day event on the sunday. I went on the Skream/route 94 boat party and once we took off and my seasickness went I had such a great time. Guaranteed I have A LOT of sleep to be catching up on! 


The festival was quite small around £7,500 which was actually really nice because we constantly found ourselves bumping into people we had met before! As well as the 4 stages it had a chill out area full of flamingo's! It was so cool! They had bars at every stage and I never had to wait that long for a drink! It wasn't ridiculously expensive but I did find I spent a lot more then expected and actually the festival is one of the best organised I've ever been to, I never had to really queue at all!!
Sadly I didn't get to see too much of Malta itself but all I will say is - it's one windy place!( something I was not prepared for!) From the boat it did look stunning. I took pretty much just beach clothes and had to borrow a jumper! Though it was only windy for a few days! Would I go back? - absolutely! next time I'll take a few more jumpers though!
Did any of you go? what festivals do you recommend? 
Ciao x
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment

  1. Love festivals! Great pics :)

    Head over to my blog and check out what I’m upto :)

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete