The sleek contour kit in ' light' feat. the realtechniques contour brush

beauty review sleek contour kit in light and realtechniques contour brush
Before I go into this post can we just appreciate this amazing Vogue cover of Emilia Clarke?! 
Okay appreciation done.... Last week I bought my first ever contour kit, being super white I've always been quite sceptical about contouring because the highlight shade just isn't going to do anything for me..... I saw the nars contour kits and was kinda like... hmm... maybe I should try one?! but at around £30 quid I just couldn't justify it. So I turned to google and found the MUCH cheaper sleek option. 
I've used a sleek blush before so I knew to be quite light with the amount of product used. I found this shade quite...orange? I'm not overly sold on it, maybe I need a little more practice or perhaps a more rosy-hue'd product. as I thought the highlight didn't show too much but that really can't be blamed on the product as I use the lightest shades going. The contouring shade is matte which I really like and the highlight does have some shimmer to it so although it doesn't show up heaps on me I get a nice little shimmer going. 
I will say this brush is GORGEOUS. oh god, it's so much softer then I even dreamed, it blends in amazingly. It's a bit of a splurge at £22 but honestly if you're going to get a contour brush make it this one.
 I kinda loosely followed the patterns that come with the contour kit and I did like the contour but I definitely need more practice. This is a great starter kit for someone like me just trying to get into this. I found contouring the nose really simple, but my jaw looked kinda weird I think because of the orangey hue, and I won't like I don't really know how contouring my cheeks is any different from putting on bronzer?! Just me?! 
any tips for a beginner? 
Ciao x 
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

5 comments

  1. I love contouring! It's different to using bronzer as a contour shade should be matte and more cool toned and a contour product should be applied and blended under the cheekbone - I hope that helps x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya hun! that does help! think I am going to have to give it another go and try under the cheeks! x

      Delete
  2. I really want to get the hang of contouring but I'm scared that it'll make me look stupid because I'm super pale!

    Pop over to my blog and see what I'm up to!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super pale too! but this blended in really well! I think I just need to figure out the right places to put it! x

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty set! I will check this out for suree! Awesome post and blog!
    xoxo

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/lalivin-14015127

    ReplyDelete