Beauty: Bleach - Ombre kit





Ombre is something I have wanted to do for so long, I know its probably been overdone now but I really thing it adds a je ne sais quoi to peoples hair. I've been going through some physical changes this week with the nose stud and upcoming hair cut, I feel like I need a change and I am slowly starting to do all the things on my to do list this had to be one of them! initially I was going to highlight my hair to ombre but saw this kit and thought I should give it a go!

The kit has:
- 2 powder satchets
- 1 blending satchet
- bottle of liquid ( I forgot the name)
- box and brush
- gloves
- hair mask.

This was crazy easy to use, I would recommend having a friend do it for you as it would be heaps easier that way and probably more precise. I also used some foil to wrap the hair in once it was bleached and you will definitely need an old t shirt that your okay with getting bleach on.

Just a small background on my hair: it is ashy blonde and I have been semi permanently dyeing it for a year now and previously dyeing in permantly. The last times ( before the highlights) I have tried to bleach my hair it failed miserably so I wasn't expecting amazing results just something lighter.

I mixed the bleach up first. then used the blending satchet and drew a line where I wanted the dye then added the dye after rather messily but you could see the dye taking.
[EDIT - Here is a rubbish pic of me with it!]

The end result: I'm really impressed actually!! It pretty dyed to what I expected my highlights went proper blonde the blending cream has worked really well to make a natural ( as possible) fade into the dyed part. In  this picture it looks a little reddish and not as good as it does in real life. I'm going to maintain the blonde with Lushs Marilyn hair mask and the Lee Stafford Blondes shampoo. If I think my hair is in good nick I might use another box next month though I really like this dye I may just keep it like this! It's a little red toned but I think thats more the dye I put on a few days before and it doesn't always look so red hopefully the shampoo and mask will control it!

Ciao x

Ps have a look at http://www.saltandchic.com/ - some gorgeous outfits!!

2 comments

  1. Aww I want to see the result so much! I bet you look fab. Hope your comp is fixed soon! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I have a pic ready but my laptop won't acknowledge my camera it works in safe mode now :( going to maybe try and upload them at work email them to myself and go from there cause I don't know when I can get a new laptop :( x

      Delete