Personal: Nose Piercing

My laptop has resided to not acknowledge my camera so this post is picture-less and until I can figure out what to do, we may not have many posts coming up. I can just about post this in safe mode. I seem to be breaking anything electronic that I touch lately - my sewing machine is dead as well.

Anyway, I digress. I wanted to do a little post about getting my nose pierced as I've had it in for a week now. This is something I have wanted to do for quite a few months now, every time I saw one on somebody I just felt it transformed their faces and added an extra little something. I think it does suit me, so much so some people didn't realise I only just got it! I got quite anxious before I got this because my last piercing experience I was 12 and even though it was just my ears she managed to do it wrong... and I generally get anxious about things anyway.

This time I went to holier then thou in Manchester and they were so lovely. I didn't catch the name of the chap who did mine but he was really good at calming me down explained it shouldn't hurt as much because he was using a needle not a gun ( and no he wasn't allowed to use magic cream...:( ) and bam! In goes the needle, I just sat there like is that it? - He laughed did, the awkward part where they swap the needle for the stud and that was it! The sorest part is definitely after, I couldn't yawn properly because it hurt to stretch the nose. It was a little bloody for 2-3 days and now its pretty much healed where it doesn't hurt. I fiddle with it far to much which makes it sore and I know I shouldn't but I'm just a very fiddly person! I also caught it a few times when washing my face but all in all I love it! It takes 3 months to fully heal and I am going to put in a hoop, I only didn't get a hoop now because I thought a stud would be better for my sisters wedding, I even picked a colour to match the dress haha.

So I would say if your thinking about it and you really want one! Go for it - it really doesn't hurt as much as you think it will!!

Ciao x

No comments