Personal: Staying creative

Lately, as you will know with my last few posts everything has been breaking on me. Life itself has been a little down and a struggle and it's hard to stay motivated and creative in this time. Usually I slump and then I will just wake up and decide enough is enough, I will push through no matter what - and I have.

I've done everything I possibly can to fix my laptop and I have now figured out another way to get my pics onto the computer - Hurray! I can post again! I think I know how to fix my sewing machine fingers crossed and I am gaining back my Joie de vivre. Something that keeps me going is looking for inspiration everywhere. When my laptop was down I relied heavily on instagram and I love pinterest or tumblr when I am on my computer.

I have been making a visual inspiration book to refer to for my art, designing and even styling - I think everything influences each other, just pictures and pictures of what inspires me and ideas that I want to take forward in my work and whenever I feel uninspired I can flick through this.



An app I love using is: Freeprints - you get 40 free prints a month ( though I think its only 20 in the first month) you can print these right off your phone! Usually my screenshots are where most of my inspiration is kept on my phone so I usually print a batch off each month to put in my sketchbook. You only have to pay for postage. A lot of sites that print photos offer you a batch of free prints as well, and this is cheeky but I signed up to a few different ones to get as many free prints as possible ( Don't judge me! Aha )

Anyway, slightly off the beauty mark post but it is something I really wanted to mention as you could do this for so many different things, you could use it to make actual pinboard of idea's, collages of photos to frame ( like those giant instagram frames), sketchbooks allsorts! -> something to inspire you!

Have you done anything like this?

ciao x

1 comment

  1. Oooh this is fab! And I think I'll be using Freeprints soon! hehe :) xx

    ReplyDelete