Music Feature Sept 2014

Music has always been a big interest of mine, I used to spend hours finding new bands and going to gigs. So I thought it was apt to make a new little addition to the blog -  of music that I have been loving lately...

First of all I want to feature
Jessie Ware:
Specifically her newest songs: tough love and say you love me. I am absolutely in love with these two song. How do I describe this music? It's mildly electronic with her hauntingly beautiful voice laid over the top. Say you love me was written with Ed Sheeran and shows off the true talent of Jessies voice... just listen.

Rag 'n' Bone Man:
Ahh, my most recent discovery,  this guy has SO MUCH SOUL. He is a kinda blues, soul and hip hop mash up which probably sounds weird but works. He has a really great voice - Lay my body down and wolves I think are my top two but give him a good listen! - Last time I checked you could dl his Ep for free on his Fb page...

Hozier:
Hozier I have known about for months now, ever since Bastille tweeted about him and it was love ever since. Take me to Church is his main release but he has got so many great songs like something new or from eden. I'm actually gutted because due to rain I mised him at glastonbury and ended up not going to leeds so I haven't actually seen him live yet but he has a few live sessions on youtube which pretty much shows you its pure talent. He just has a really amazing way with words, piano, guitar boho kind of sound mixed with a little soul is probably the best way to talk about his sound... he just has an incredible voice, this guy needs to go far.

SBTRKT: 
Oh my gosh, I got tickets to see these guys end of the month and I am BEYOND excited. Wildfire and Pharaohs are my favourites...I think. Oh gosh they've done a number of songs with Sampha I love and recently one with Ezra from Vampire Weekend which is good...I can't pick a favourite! He wears this cool african inspired mask when he plays and its mostly electronic music you just haven't heard anything like this!


I know my descriptions are pretty poor here but take my word for it and listen to these guys!
Ciao x

1 comment

  1. I have heard of none of these people, haha! I will try them all this weekend ^__^

    ReplyDelete