Beauty - Are you warm or cool toned?


So in two weeks time my sister is getting married! It's a super exciting time and I have the amazing honour of being a bridesmaid! I'm really excited but.... my issue is, I need to cover my tattoos. After numerous youtube videos - I am still somehow no closer to properly covering them.

So I decided to email a MAC artist for some advice, While I may not be a 100% closer - she did give some good advice I thought I would share....

When watching a youtube video the youtuber said depending on your skin tone you should select either a bright orange or a bright pink eyeshadow. Now I think I am quite pinky/ warm toned and I have always gone for pink toned foundations so I went with the pink eyeshadow.

how can I be sure?

The lovely MAC artist( Kate) explained that if you ball your fist and look at the veins at the back, if the veins have a green tint then you are cool toned and should go for the orange eyeshadow and yellow toned products. If the veins have a blue tint then you are warm toned and should go for pink based products.

I never knew this is how you check! I am definitely warm toned! so I thought I would share my new found knowledge with you all. As after all, sharing is caring.

Ciao x

1 comment

  1. Tried this.. I am definitely cool toned haha! :) Aww this is lovely Laura I hope I get to spy some pics after it haha! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete