Beauty MAC - Lipstick Hearts Aflame

So the other day I wrote about MACs new ' A Novel Romance' collection and the lipstick yield to love. I said I was looking at a few other lipsticks and Hearts aflame was pretty much a definite to my collection...
I won't lie I swatched it next to another MAC red I've never seen before that was part of the permanent collection - Dubonnet? Colourwise they are preeettty much the same. Hearts aflame is a Matte and Dubonnet is an amplified cream.

All I can say is its love. I probably say this about every lipstick I buy but ...you know I got a lotta love in the world...for MAC lipsticks.



For me this is the ideal autumn/ winter shade, deep red. I feel like this is the shade I wanted when I bought ' hang-up'.
And yes one day I will actually take a decent photo of myself exhibiting a lipstick. Sadly that day is not today. Also, I don't know what it is about red lipsticks but I always feel I apply them best after a glass of wine!
Ciao x

PS make sure you check out the lovely Jemma's blog.

3 comments

  1. Oh my god you suit this so, so much! I love this colour. I need to do a complete new Autumn makeup haul. I want a dark red one like this, so maybe I'll give this a go! Also I really wana try get a purple/plum tone that suits me... hmm!

    Love this post ^__^ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade is beautiful! I feel like I need it in my life.
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should get it!! it's a dream!! If you really can't afford a MAC one Topshop lip bullet in wine gum is similar or the lipstick in Hazard! :) x

      Delete