How to: Cover a red tattoo with MAC make up ( The non eyeshadow method)

This weekend my sister got married! Exciting!! She asked me before to cover my tattoo, after endless attempts with eyeshadows concealer foundations and many a youtube video I was stuck.
I went to MAC for advice, A lovely lady ( whose name I didn't get sadly) offered to show me how, with the tattoo being on my neck I had to sit and hold a mirror so I could see what she was doing! ( this is also why I haven't been able to do another step by step to show you.

First of all she used the MAC Prep and Prime CC cream with a yellow tone to balance out the redness. This is applied with the sponge. ( the lady was lovely enough to give me a free sample as I only needed it for one day)

Next we applied the studio finish concealer with an eyeshadow brush. I used the shade NW15 because I am SUPER pale. If it gets a little cakey between layers mix in a tiny bit of moisturiser with the concealer.

On top of this we patted on the prep & prime transparent powder to set the concealer

Give it a moment to set and keep adding layers until its gone Et Voila! A covered tattoo.  I didn;t have time to fully cover it or get a a proper picture I managed to locate one with my back in...the first picture and the second is when the mac artist did it and we still needed another layer or two and I have my bike jacket on for 40 minutes....



This is so crazy easy I can't believe how much I was faffing about before! It doesn't take that long to do either, we just ran out of time due to an unfortunate fire alarm. The staying time is pretty good but obviously if a lot of people are going to rub the area you will most likely need to top it up every couple of hours!

Ciao x

PS I also tried this method to cover a large blue bruise, we couldn't be bothered with heaps of layers so we didn't fully cover it but it was considerably less noticeable!

1 comment

  1. Still cannot believe how well this covered up! ^__^ AMAZZZING x

    ReplyDelete