Book Review : Clariel - Garth Nix


I've been a massive fan of Garth Nix Old Kingdom series since my early teenage years and I don't know why it took me a while to pick up Clariel if I'm honest. If you like fantasy then this is for you -  if you haven't read the other books in the series don't worry! Though I do feel having read the others first I had a greater understanding of it all. This isn't a prequel but a story of a character far before Sabriel & Lirael, the old kingdom trilogies main characters. 

Clariel is a teenager who knows what she wants in life, she just wants so spend it in the forest but when her parents take her to the city she will do anything to get back there. As part of her schooling Clariel must do charter lessons and unexpectedly gets her involved in something far bigger than herself. Clariel must choose between the life she has always wanted and the inheritance that is calling her.

I wasn't disappointed by this book at all, as per usual it had a great storyline and you really feel for Clariel as she battles with her head and her heart. Nix has a really easy writing that is great to follow and offers great descriptions of scenes and characters so you get a great visual in your head. I really recommend reading all the books from the series! 

have you read any of these before? 

Ciao 


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment

  1. Weirdly enough, this reminds me about the Mortal Instruments book series!

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete