Book review: The Red Queen

I'm just going to say..casually... YOU NEED TO BUY THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. 
like RIGHT NOW. like click here and buy it. NOW.
did you buy it? good choice! This is like a dystopian fantasy book where there are two kinds of people in the world red blooded people or silver blooded people. The red blooded live in poverty whilst the silvers are rich with superhuman powers. Mare Barrow is angry, angry with the world and the way it is. Why are her people the ones to suffer? She's the kind of girl that does what she needs to to survive regardless of what other people think.
One day Mare finds herself in a new situation and all of a sudden is thrown in with all these silvers disguised as a long lost silver princess and is engaged to one of the heirs. She uses this position as one of power and tries to help a red rebellion take down the silvers. 
I'm really trying not to give a lot away because this book has some seriously amazing storylines that I really didn't expect. I felt like Mare herself was a really great character and always stayed true to herself. She falls in love with one prince and ends up with another and I was really shipping her and Cal but then the more she interacted with Maven I was like oh god. Who should she end up with? Both of them had really great points and were written so well. All the while she was putting herself and her people first and doing whatever it takes to survive. Oh gosh, honestly this is so hard to write just how amazing this book is without giving it away. 
I closed the book and immediatly wanted MORE. There are two mini novellas coming out in January I beleive and the next book is due out next year. This is one of those books you just don't want to end!
I'm doing it. 10/10.
Bravo Victoria Aveyard - write me 20 more books please!
Have you read this?!
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment

  1. As soon as Im done with my current book, I'll definitely get this! Im now trusting your recommendations haha x

    ReplyDelete