Personal - Resolutions update

Every year I am guilty of writing a big list of resolutions and then never doing them, this year has been completely different, I've finally stepped up and worked hard to achieve some of  my short-term goals. I thought as it's mid-year it may be nice to do a little update on my progress, you can read my resolution post here.
1) Tone up - after christmas, me operation and then a serious amount of overtime I just completely put my health to the side. It's a lame excuse because you can always make time but for me things can be all or nothing and I just wasn't able to fully dedicate to this. I did do my best to do some fitness and started bouldering and doing the occasional HIIT working but I've recently researched nutrition ( see my post here about amelia freer's book) and I've invested in quite a few cookbooks, my bikes back so it's all systems go health wise from now! I also want to get back to hot yoga once a week and bouldering at least once a week -I've just ordered some snazzy new climbing shoes. To help I've started a new healthy instagram creatively called: @healthy_lauzb if you want to see what I'm up to fitness wise!
2) Start my clothing line - I made a decision in march to put this on the back burner because march until now has just been ridiculously busy, it was a tough decision but I felt like I was going to rush what I wanted to make for the sake of starting the brand. I've decided to spend more time designing products and making them to get a proper collection together and make sure everything is 100% something I want to put out there. I'm hoping to aim to get at least a small shop open at the end of the year with the brand fully starting the beginning of next year so it's only a slight push back. ( I hope)
3) go somewhere new, I've been really fortunate to cross off two places I've always wanted to go to - Malta and Croatia! I wish I could go to many more places but sadly I've already used up all my holidays! booo
4) sort out my money problems, I'm so happy and proud to say, I have pretty much done this and it's A LOT sooner than expected. All debt is gone (well the overdraft is nearly gone!) and it feels amazing to have money in my account that I can use to treat myself and not have to spend each month living to the last penny. I'm much smarter with my money as well so I want to keep building my savings now. I didn't think I would see the day I was more excited to save than to spend!
5) start painting properly, I'm really excited about this, after deciding to put my brand aside I decided to use the time to re-learn oil painting and to sketch and start creating work. I've opened a new art account to transfer funds to buy paints and I am going to start practising, sketching and hopefully this month or next month start two large paintings. If they turn out okay I want to get prints made and set up an art shop! I'm selling on my etsy to help fund my art 
6) My second blog - Guarateed this blog did not start off the way I wanted. I did a few posts and really struggled for a few months to get posts out. I'll admit I really have left this blog but honestly I do want to get this going again, problem is I've sold a lot of my wardrobe so I don't have many clothes or money for new ones but I promise slowly but surely I will get some posts up! 
6b) be more blog social, I'm happy to say this has been done and I really want to keep it up! I really try to participate in blogger chats and I have been to a few meet ups now and met so many lovely people! So here's to meeting more of you and seeing you all again! I always try to  take time to go through my bloglovin and read your posts and try to comment. I've tried to tweet a few times and I really want to do more of this! 
7) get a new tattoo, due to all the events that have been happening I hadn't been able to do this but I have been able to book in with an amazing artist in november, I've been waiting patiently for her books to open and I'm so excited for the new ink! 
8) be happy. This year although it has been tough and life continues to test me I do feel so much happier and positive in myself and with life. I know once I move house and get an art room set up for my and my mate to continously create and my own kitchen to get creative in I am going to be even happier! 
Another two resolutions I didn't put was learning to drive a car, I love my bike - I do and I will keep using it but to go to like Ikea or to see my grandparents and friends more regular I really wanted a car because a 60 minute drive on my bike really hurts my butt sometimes! Aha, hopefully in august I will be getting my first car which I am beyond excited for! The other was to get back into my youtube channel, I made my self the resolution to make 15 videos at least this year and I have A LOT of idea's that have been waiting to happen. 
These first 6 months have been mental, from working 60+ hours overtime at work, whilst learning to drive, sew, holidays and all sorts it's been crazy busy but I am in such a great place. I've had some amazing opportunities and I have got some massive big plans coming up!
How have you all been getting on?
Ciao x
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments

  1. LOOOOVE posts like this! Its a fab way to see how you're doing half way through the year, and you're doing so well!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you're doing really well with your resolutions! I have yet to do an update on mine (eek)

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete