Book: The girl on the train



As I mentioned in my previous review I am really into crime thrillers at the moment. 'The girl on the train' has had so much hype around it lately I decided to give it a go whilst on holiday. 
First of all: I read this book in a day - it was addictive. I loved Rachel as a character, like I loved the way she thinks about things, I often have the same thought process. Basically the story is about a couple that Rachel passes on the train everyday and she nicknames them Jess and Jason in her head and pictures this perfect life they have together and what they are like as people. One day the train passes and Rachel see's something that she knows is wrong. To make things more complicated her ex-husband lives like 3 doors down with his new wife and baby. 

You follow Rachel as she's going through a really bad patch throughout her life and see her try to turn things around and as she tries to help this mystery couple out. You also follow the ex-wife Anna and ' jess' and get an understanding of their not so perfect lives showing that not everything is as it seems.
 Without revealing anything there was something that I predicted to happen, as in I kinda had an inkling about the bad guy but this didn't affect the rest of the book and I couldn't have predicted how it all came about.

Paula has a really nice and easy writing style, and each character gets a good clear personality. I never felt like the book was being dragged out at any point. I'm not sure it's a 10/10 but it's a 9/10 for me! 

What did you make of this? 
Ciao x
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment

  1. This book stuck with me for a long time and I loved the writing style :)

    Pop over to my blog :)

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete