Review: Topshop velvetine lipstick

beauty review topshop velvetine lip stain
A while back I debated getting a lip stain from Sephora(after all the hype) and decided to get something else instead and then get this from topshop after hearing a few good things about this one.  I am a massive advocate of Topshops beauty products but honestly? I was left more then a little disappointed with this one. I found when I applied this it was really patchy and I had to go over it with a lipstick to even out the colour. The colour itself is a lovely deep red very similar to MACs russian red ( which I went over it with). 
I will say it did have good lasting power and when I just had the stain on it didn''t print on anything it was just a shame it was so patchy. For £10 I really don't think it is worth it and I'm going to invest in the Sephora version this month so look out for a review of that later! 
What did you make of this? 
Ciao x
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

5 comments

  1. I was actually looking at these in Topshop the other day but decided against them! It sucks when you spend so much on a product and have high expectations only for it to turn out completely lame :(

    Pop over to my blog :)

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept seeing them on blogs so thought maybe they would be alright but no :( I will still use it but I've gotten the sephora version and it's so much better! x

      Delete
  2. I find most lip products in tubes with brushes are patchy! Duno if thats just me. I prefer a proper good old lippy any day :) Plus tbh I cant apply well using the brush haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm probably but the Sephora version is much better! :)

      Delete
  3. Awww, shame this didn't work! I love the Sephora lip creams, they're amazing :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete