Fitness - Back to the Yoga Lounge.

June last year I wrote a blog post about a 30 day trial at the yoga lounge you can read this here. I promised myself to go back as soon as possible but due to money/bike problems I wasn't able to. Then in April - June I got real bad back pain and pins and needles so I went to see a physio who told me I needed to do pilates to strengthen my core. Not to be bigheaded in anyway but I can manage a fair few more sit ups then other people and I thought my core was doing alright.... but apparently not.

I bought a month of hot yoga and 4 pilates reformer which I have never tried before and it was HARD. I was shaking from the start of the pilates classes and I felt such a difference afterward. Even in the yoga classes after a month I am still struggling with core moves. I won't go into the yoga too much as I reviewed it last year, or how lovely the place is but I really recommend the pilates reformer! on those crazy machines that are extremely daunting but once you get used to them they aren't so scary! The different classes varied with how hard you pushed yourself but I really felt it in my inner thighs and with the yoga combo I am convinced they have shrunk! I know with yoga loosing weight isn't the aim of the game but its certainly a plus!

I'm not saying everyone needs to do hot yoga ( though if you are in the Manchester area please check this place out) but I think everyone should try yoga or pilates at one stage in their life. Its such a positive thing to introduce to yourself which you spend lets say 60 minutes forgetting all your worries, listening to a guide and focusing on yourself, sometimes its just really nice to let go of the world and do that. If you are looking to tone and get strong then this is where you need to be looking!

This month they were focusing on Yoga philosophy and the teachers read out some beautiful quotes I wish I could remember them, basically: everything has happened for a reason to get you where you are today. ( if you know the quote please post it!! )

Ciao x

PS check out daintydresses who has had an incredible and inspirational fitness journey! 

No comments