Beauty: Review - Lord and Berry Foundation & Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation

Hello everyone!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hope you all had an amazing christmas and new year. I got back yesterday from home and it was loverrrly. 

I got some really amazing presents like some GHDs and a MAC Palette, some bags, a new wallet and so many other gorgeous things! 


Today I got two cheeky shades for my MAC palette that I will feature quicky. I went to MAC with the aim to get Cranberry as I had a £10 voucher. However they were out of stock!! Gutted so immediately I fell in love with Plum Dressing, however I have a list of shades I wanted, and thought it might be more practical to get a brown shade that was on the list, that I could use for my brows.So it was Head Vs Heart: when we looked at Haux there was one in stock. it was like fate..... it became mine!! ....And so did Plum Dressing. Oops. 

Anyway!! Let's get onto the main reason for this post. 
So last year I was looking for a new foundation to swap too as I felt that throughout the day the L'oreal True Match was getting quite oily and I could feel it sat on my skin. 
So Lord and Berry had a creme foundation I was really interested in and with fate again my foundation ran out the day before I went home, Luckily there was a stand in Dubai mall. So I bought the foundation and thought sweeeeet. ITS GOT A SCREW CAP. because one of my biggest pet peeves is the lid coming off my foundation and it spilling all over my other make up. So the shade I got was almond, which isn't the shade I wanted I think it was a little darker but a white girl in a sunny country, obviously they wont stock my shade. I got the shade anyway and when i first used it my initial thought was its thick. It came out a lot thicker then the L'oreal. However with the RealTechniques expert face brush is spread beauuuuutifully on my face. The shade didn't look wrong either which I was chuffed with. So all in all loved it. 


HOWEVER. 
On christmas eve I was going to do a cheeky top up and sometimes when trying to squeeze out product it would get quick stuck and hardly anything would come out. so I went to do my top up and this was a time nothing was coming out so..... naturally. I squeezed a little harder then. BOOM. EXPLOSION. foundation was EVERYWHERE. Absolutely gutted. That photo is the aftermath!  I went back to the store to see if I could get one exchange and it had gone!!! Couldn't believe it!! So whilst walking around the mall my mate said she had the Stay Flawless Foundation from Benefit, I swatched it and it felt really light, had a nice ivory shade so today I bought one. She tried it out on my face so I have worn in all day. Honestly, it doesn't fell like I have any on and when I run my finger over it I don't FEEL that foundation sat on my skin another bonus is it has SPF in it, which for fair skin is really good, I think its gonna be really helpful at festivals to know I have some protection on my face.. I have combination skin and this seems so far to really work keeping down the oil.  She did say I would need to do a top up throughout the day which is expected. I also ended up buying the Porefessional which is a product I have been looking at for a while, as I don't use any primers just a nivea moisturiser, the combination seems to be working so far. I might do an update in a few weeks on how I feel then although the lid does feel heaps more secure and the Hello flawless comes with a Porefessional tester, They are a little pricey the two coming up to £50 but they seem worth it to me! 



Ciao Beauts x

PS who is loving my new rug?! ( Urban outfitters!! )
PSS sorry about the picture quality I have temporarily misplaced my SLR! 

No comments