Review: Primark Hair Rollers

I was inspired to get these after seeing Leanne Lim Walkers video, it just looked so easy. I am extremely lazy when it comes to my hair and lately I just do the whole bun thing because I can't be bothered to sort it out and it's also super quick in the morning. I have frizzy and thick hair and anytime I try to do anything it always looks the same. One of my resolutions was to start looking after my hair more and learning to do more with it so this looked easy enough....right? 

First attempt.... I'm not sure if it was either 1) my hair was too wet 2) it was too thick or 3) I am just THAT rubbish at doing anything with my hair. I like to think it was too wet because I didn't really blow dry it; I just towel dried and then blow dried with the rollers in and it then probably came out dry enough to put them in after I took them out. I found they didn't velcro well probably because the hair was too wet for them to take to. I did find my hair sticking to it and if I wanted to pull one out to redo it was like ....running a hairbrush through knotted hair... I think that's the best way to describe it. I got a slight twist in some pieces and some nice little waves at the bottom of my hair and even a nice little bit of volume and style in my fringe but learning my mistake, I was optimistic that next time I would get some juicy curls.
Second attempt.... I didn't get to leave them in long enough, one hour though one curler did curl beautifully the rest just seemed to give me volume. Here's to third time lucky!
3rd time, oh god, I think it may just be I am THAT bad at doing hair, I think it was maybe too dry this time? theres no denying I get good volume but I don't seem to get that much curling. I have to pin each one in as well as they don't really stick to my hair. I think it is a combination of it being too soft and thick. I am determined to get this too work, considering they are only £2 for the larger ones and £1 for the smaller they are absolutely worth it and you can't really complain about them! I'll have to update you as soon as I've mastered it!
Any tips? 
ciao x
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments