Review : Maybelline colour tattoo x 3

Every blogger and I mean every blogger is talking about these, after trying a few creamy potted eyeshadow's and liking them I decided I needed to expand my colour range.... enter in the colour tattoo's. A lot of people had gone on about 'permanent taupe' but when it came to picking them out I felt ' Vintage plum' was a little more me. Since it was 3 for 2 in boots I felt it would be rude not to get the two other shades I had been lusting after ' Pink gold' and ' metallic pomegranate'. After my initial swatch pink gold is absolutely in the lead for my favourite shade. It's got a great pigmentation! I won't lie I didn't really read these properly so I didn't realise that ' vintage plum' was a leather effect. What does that even mean?! Leather effect?! Am I missing something here? Is this a posh way to say Matte? anyway all I know is it didn't swatch as half as well as the other two and I did wish I picked up permanent taupe.
I wore pink gold and it lasted all day and just a smooth as if I had just applied it right then. 'Metallic Pomegranate' is just as strong and beautiful by itself. I haven't had a chance to wear 'Vintage plum' but the second time I have tried to swatch it the colour pay off was much better so I am a little more optimistic about it now it is a really gorgeous grey-y lilac colour. I think it will make a perfect base to build a smokey purple eye on.
 I tried to show you all a swatch of them but my lens has broken and my other doesn't want to co-operate with me :( sorry guys! (I'll try and get a pic up soon!)
For a £5er I think these are really worth it, the pots are a great size and they are worth the money. They make an excellent base/eye primer to build your make up on. I think I am going to invest in the taupe and bronze shade! 
 Which shade is your favourite? 
Ciao x
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

3 comments

  1. I'm definitely going to have a look at these tomorrow when I'm at Boots!


    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to have a look at these tomorrow when I'm at Boots!


    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I have Pink Gold and On and On Bronze, they're one of my drugstore favourites

    ox Lucy

    ReplyDelete