Beauty: Review - Sephora X formula Paint the town set




I can't go home without going into Sephora and lusting after everything, being poor I couldn't afford to buy much but this was 120Dhs and seemed pretty good value for 10 mini nail polishes. Though I did have to umm and ahh about buying this for a day or two and bit the bullet. I liked 9 colours overall, the baby pink isn't  quite me but I have a friend I know it's perfect for, so overall not bad! I think it's a great little set if you want some extra shades for your collection but don't want to fork out loads for separate shades.

As well as the nail polishes I really liked the packaging for this being an artist - although I had to get a bobby pin to help me open it! I think I will find something to put in this when I take the nail polishes out..... maybe like my painting brushes or if I get more make up brushes put them in....



These nail polishes definitely require two coats, I find they are quite thin and watery looking, though they look alright once you've got that second coat on. I think the quality of them is pretty mediocre which is a shame because I have read some really good reviews about the Formula X nail polishes. Maybe it's like NARS where the mini versions don't tend to get as much pigmentation. Is it possible to look glossy and dull at the same time? Also when I used them I did find the brushes left a little hair once or twice. In terms of chipping, I pretty much chip all my nail polish somehow and I would say these are quite good for not chipping for a few days and they are also difficult to chip off/ ( I have a really bad habit of putting nail polish on and then picking at it the same day)

The good thing is these dry pretty quick and what you see is what you get on your nails which made me super happy with Dramatic( the middle gray purple) as that was the shade that sold me. It is a fun little set with some great colours but I think I'm going to get a few of the bigger singles next time I'm home and see what the quality of them is like.

Have you guys tried formula X?

Ciao x

Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
- Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest

3 comments

  1. That shade (Dramatic!) was the first one that stood out and appealed to me to when I seen this haha! They look lovely, but I'd be a bit gutted if they're a bit watery like xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're all such pretty shades!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £60 skincare giveaway on my blog if you fancy it, click here!

    ReplyDelete